We are all in this together!
Kids Club After School Program is a before and after school program, located at Steven’s Elementary School. We currently have one room before school and four rooms in the after school. Although we work with Stevens Elementary School as much as possible, Kids Club is an independent non-profit childcare center that serves the community. We provide childcare in a safe and enriching environment for children ages 5-12. We are a kid-oriented program dedicated to nurturing the social, emotional, and educational growth of children. At Kids Club, we aim to provide an anti-biased approach to our daily programming. Our enrollment is limited and based on a “first-come-first-serve” basis.
Kids Club Hours
Kids Club BEFORE School Program Hours
Monday through Friday starting at 7:00 AM
*Stevens Bell Rings 7:55am
*Lowell Elementary School Bell Rings 8:55am (Staff leaves for the walk to Lowell at 8:20am)
Kids Club AFTER School Program Hours
Monday through Friday starting at 2:25 PM-5:30PM
*Stevens Bell Rings 2:25pm
*Lowell Elementary School Bell Rings 3:25pm (Staff picks up Lowell Kids from school & walks to Kids Club)
Due to COVID, our program currently closes at 5:30pm to allow for extra cleaning & sanitizing.
WEDNESDAYS EARLY RELEASE!!
- Stevens Elementary School Bell Rings 1:10pm
- Lowell Elementary School Bell Rings 2:10pm
Late Pick Up
Kids’ Club closes at 5:30PM. Our Late Pick Up Fee is $20.00 for the first 15 minutes, with an additional $1.00/per minute afterwards.
No Call Fee
A fee of $25.00 is charged if parents/guardians do not notify Kids’ Club staff that their child will be absent from the afternoon program.
Early Release Days
Kids’ Club will provide care to those normally enrolled for PM care on Wednesday early release days. This is included in the cost of care.
Full Day Camps
Kids’ Club offers full day camps when teachers have Professional Development Days and during school breaks (excluding national holidays, when we are closed). You MUST REGISTER SEPARATELY FOR FULL DAYS, even if your child regularly attends that day. Registration forms will be out 2-3 weeks prior to the camp day(s). Sign up early and reserve your spot! FYI-If a field trip must be prepaid, you will not be reimbursed if we close due to weather.
KIDS CLUB COVID SCHOOL DAY PROGRAM
*Currently Kids Club follows the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Washington Department of Health, and Washington State Department of children, youth, and families (DCYF) COVID Protocols and guidelines. These guidelines are ever changing for childcares and we will continue to inform our families with any new updates!
Health & Safety Protocols:
1. Please take your child’s temperature at home before they arrive, as to not expose our staff if your child has a fever, but we will also take their temperature at arrival. We are also doing daily temperature checks with staff as they arrive at Kids Club. This is done with a touchless thermometer outside the building before they enter. Parents also need to answer a few health questions each day at drop off (if your child is coming directly from in-person school you will have already completed attestation with them, & that is sufficient):
– Has your child/youth been in close contact with anyone with suspected or confirmed COVID-19? – Has your youth or anyone in your household had a positive COVID-19 test for an active virus in the past 10 days? – Does your youth or anyone in your household have any of the following symptoms in the past day (if coming back from an absence ask in regards to the last 72 hours) that are not attributable to another condition:
• A cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
• A fever of 100.4°F or higher or a sense of having a fever
• A sore throat
• New loss of taste or smell
• Muscle or body aches or Nausea/vomiting/diarrhea
• Congestion/running nose – not related to seasonal allergies
• Unusual fatigue – Within the past 14 days, has a public health or medical professional told your child or anyone in your household to self-monitor, self-isolate, or self-quarantine because of concerns about COVID-19 infection?
In addition, if any staff, children, or family/household members display ANY ONE of the previous symptoms you will need to either stay home for 10 days or provide documentation of a negative COVID-19 test. Keep Me Home If…
Please give us a call if there are any questions around families traveling and returning to Kids Club for care or returning for care after a positive case.
2021 Kids Club Parent Satisfaction Survey RESULTS!!!! Here’s what families have to say about KIDS CLUB during this unique school year!
“You’ve been a lifesaver, especially when school was closed to in-person instruction. Just having a social outlet, even if not fully “normal”, has been very positive.”
“Kids Club staff have been so helpful and valuable throughout the pandemic. We cannot thank you enough for all the support you’ve provided. You have all been amazing and wonderful throughout!”
“Excellent programming. A great mix of old school fun like dodgeball and freeze tag, new school fun like cooking and opportunities for kids to do their own thing like building with blocks or reading books.”
“I love hearing about opportunities for the kids to get more involved in the local community and partner with local business or organizations.”
“Amazing work during this tough, tough year. Kids Club was there for us all the way at a time when most institutions pulled back. Kids Club asked, “How can we?” and found a way rather than saying “We can’t.”
Amazon Shopper? Link us to your amazon smile account and your shopping will help support Kids Club. https://smile.amazon.com/ch/81-0673233
Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the charitable organization of your choice.
Check out our KIDS CLUB AMAZON SMILE WISH LIST! https://a.co/6k8cJVS